I'd love to wake up to this every morning...

Banana Walnut Pancakes, drizzled with lots of syrup

Croissant French Toast and of course, fresh strawberries
Nothing says a good morning like a balanced breakfast. Okay, maybe this breakfast isn't that balanced, considering the high sugar content...but nevertheless it looks so good! I was on Yelp with my friend trying to find a place for brunch that wasn't closed yet (it was 2:00pm when we started our food search)..and behold Chloe's Cafe in Noe Valley, San Francisco. The reviewers were right. Chloe's Cafe is very small (less than 10 tables), but gives off a "homey" feel with its simple old-fashioned tablecloths and wooden wall-panels.

Let me start off by talking about the Banana Walnut Pancakes--they had like the perfect proportion of walnuts to bananas to pancake mix. The pancakes were so soft and fluffy. I really didn't need to add the syrup because the bananas were sweet enough, but I wanted the pancakes to look shiny in the picture :)

Next up is the Croissant French Toast (see recipe at end of this post). When I took my first bite, I was seriously confused. I really couldn't say I was eating a croissant, or have french toast. It is a very surprising texture that I did not expect at all. It was hard to convince myself that it is a hybrid of croissant and french toast. But I loved it! One thing to note is that the price for strawberries is seasonal--we added $4 for some strawberries, which is kind of a splurge.

I felt like I wasn't in the city anymore and maybe on vacation somewhere...Anyhoo, would I come back again? OH YES. YES. & YES!

Croissant French Toast Recipe (EZ Version)

So after eating here, I found out that to make Croissant French Toast..is actually quite simple. The quick and dirty version is to just buy croissants and dip them in egg, and make cook it on the skillet how you normally would to make french toast. Pretty easy huh? I should probably start making this for breakfast..would totally jumpstart my groggy mornings!

Rachel Ray's Croissant French Toast Recipe (Fancy Version)
Croissant French Toast Recipe - Every Day with Rachael Ray


Stephen Scott Gross
Everyday With Rachel Ray



No comments:

Post a Comment