Bottega Louie in Downtown Los Angeles

For this post, I will be ranking the food by YUMS. One YUM is the lowest and three YUMS is the highest!
Passionfruit Macaron with mini macaroons (Left to Right): Earl Grey, Raspberry, Vanilla
This wasn't the first dish I started off with but....I came here for my very good friend's birthday! This was her birthday "cake"--a classy remake of the traditional---the Passionfruit Macaron (in the middle) was a burst of fruity flavor and had three crunchy layers. TWO YUMS. Next, the three macaroons were soooo good. This was actually my first time having macaroons so I don't have anything to compare it to...but if I were to make a prediction, I bet these would be the best macaroons I will ever have! THREE YUMS. That's the highest rating so far.
Gourmet cupcakes also topped with macaroons
I didn't try these cupcakes, so I can't give a YUM rating. They just looked really interesting so I decided to take a picture of them! I love how each cupcake is topped with a macaroon. There is something about macaroons that makes everything look cuter :)
Sweet treats!
Again, not something that I tried but looked tasty! The little white balls remind me of tapioca though, but I'm sure it's something else...
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Did you read the caption? LEMON. RICOTTA. PANCAKES! Okay, I think I overhyped it when I was ordering, but I really thought it would have more lemon flavor. I tried really hard to taste it and I guess I got a subtle hint of lemon flavor, but it wasn't very apparent at all. My friend commented that maybe they forgot the lemon? Anyways, the ricotta definitely gave these pancakes a much smoother, and richer texture. Oh and they gave us their homemade blueberry syrup (not pictured) which made up for the lack of lemon flavor because that was soo good in combination with everything! One YUM.
Farmer's Market Breakfast Haul
So what is in this plentiful haul you wonder..I know it looks kind of simple, but sometimes the simplest dishes are often the best tasting (if you do it right). First, you have two softly-poached eggs topped with Reggiano parmesan. Then, throw in some haricots verts, potatoes, golden baby beets, shiitake mushrooms, and tomatoes..you know...ingredients that you probably would never have in stock in your kitchen. And voila. I give this dish double YUMS.
Portobello Fries
The Portobello Fries were quite unexpected---I thought it would have more crunch, but then again, I remembered that it was just a mushroom. The portobello fry itself is actually kind of tasteless UNTIL you add their special dip, then it goes from zero to 60 in terms of flavor impact! One YUM.
Macaroon HEAVEN.
On my way out, I just had to snap another picture of their macaroons. I love how they display them in these big clear jars, makes me want to buy macaroons in bulk so I can have them as a snack whenever I please :) Anyways, come to Bottega Louie to experience a comfortable, but upscale setting. It is perfect for a daytime lunch or brunch.

1 comment:

  1. this place is so overrated. like most of the staff, it's all theater and little substance.

    it's a special moment when you can actually hear your friend screaming at you from across the table over the din of yuppies convincing themselves how wonderful everything is.

    $20 for a bland pizza with hardly anything on it when you can get a far better one at pizza studio for $7.99. they're selling the show. one i won't be attending ever again.

    ReplyDelete