My mission for the perfect taco in OC...is COMPLETE

Jugos Acapulco is your hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant, located in Costa Mesa on W 19th St (It's next to Smart & Final if you can't find it). For only $1.25 a taco...the price is ridiculous for the size of their portions. Their tacos are made with the large corn tortillas versus the smaller ones. They're also known for their fresh fruits and smoothies, but I didn't get to try them.
My taco list:

Cow tongue (trust me, it's worth a try)
Cow head (again, you gotta try it)
Pollo
Carnitas
I can't believe I was full off of three tacos, but it was soo good. Typically, tacos are pretty greasy, but somehow Jugos Acapulco managed to make the meat juicy but not oily. This resulted in a tortilla that stayed dry..instead of wet, greasy, and sloppy like most places. I was so hungry that I forgot to take pictures...so this post will be updated with some visual imagery to feast your eyes on next time!

 Update on pictures [!]
I returned to Jugo's and finally got to snap some pictures.
Pollo, Cow Tongue, & Cow Head
Fresh squeezed Cantolope Juice only $2.75
Served in a blender!
3 tacos, 1 juice = $6.83. Not bad for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment