DIY tea party for 2

Cute little strawberry teapot

I found this old teapot hidden away in my home. It's so cute, especially with the strawberry details. It was a great find at Home Goods! I was immediately inspired to host a small afternoon tea session with my friend
Atalie, who was coming to visit for the day. I've had tea at Lovejoy's enough to know that I can probably pull it off myself, without spending a lot. Since it is summer, I decided to do it outside in my patio for a relaxing atmosphere with a light breeze.

The Essentials:
- 1 old teapot
- 2 tea cups with coasters
- Tiered serving set with 3 vintage-looking plates

The Nibbles:
- Top tier: Madeleines cookies, grapes, cheese, & Lindt chocolates
(I bought my Madeleines, but you can bake your own treats too like scones, cookies or muffins)
- Middle tier: Tuna & celery finger sandwiches, decorated with fresh strawberries
(I bought canned tuna in olive oil and diced up celery very finely. You can choose what you what to put inside and cut into small triangle squares. Don't forget to cut the crust off!)
- Bottom tier: Asian chicken salad with crispy noodles from Trader Joe's

The Tea:
- I used Lipton tea packets, mine was Green Tea with Citrus
- Mix in with a little milk and sugar and voila!

So fresh and delicious!
This was so fun and simple to make. What better way to catch up with your friends? :)

1 comment:

  1. do yourself a favor and buy loose tea and seep in a french press, then pour into pot. this allows the leaves to circulate to release the flavors. much better than the sawdust in lipton packets you get at the buffet.

    ReplyDelete